El Reno Main Street
Jump into the past and make the past new again!
El Reno Main Street Program was established in 1988 to help revitalize the downtown.
Revitalizing the commercial district is crucial to the heritage, economic health, and civic pride of the entire community.
The El Reno Main Street Program is a preservation-based community development tool. The Program has made remarkable progress towards the revitalization of downtown.
The program’s success is based on a comprehensive strategy of work, tailored to local needs and opportunities, in four broad areas - promotion, design, economic vitality, and organization.
El Reno Main Street is the creator and organizer of the famous El Reno’s Fried Onion "Burger Day Festival" which was held on the first Saturday of May since 1988. "THE ROCK DISTRICT" is an initiative from the Main Street committees and Board of Directors to bring culture of the arts, culinary, and music to the downtown.
Join us and become a part of the Heart of El Reno
Awards & Accreditations:
2020 National Main Street Accreditation
El Reno Main Street’s performance is evaluated by Oklahoma Main Street, which works in partnership with Main Street America to identify the local programs that meet ten rigorous performance standards. Evaluation criteria determines the communities that are building comprehensive and sustainable revitalization efforts and include standards such as fostering strong public-private partnerships, documenting programmatic progress, and actively preserving historic buildings.
2006 GAMSA "Great American Main Street Award"
Winners are selected from a nationwide pool of applicants by a jury of Main Street professionals and leaders in the fields of community, economic development, and historic preservation.
Criteria for winning include:
strength of the Main Street program in spurring community transformation, commitment to historic preservation, innovative programming, implementation of cross-sector partnerships, and demonstration of change over time.
- 2019 Accredited Main Street America
- 2018 Accredited Main Street America
- 2017 Accredited Main Street America
- 2016 Accredited Main Street America
- 2013 Premier Partner Canadian County Historical Museum Oklahoma Main Street
- 2012 Best Facade Rehabilitation Under $10,000 - El Reno Main Street Office - Oklahoma Main Street
- 2012 Organization of the Year -given by the El Reno Chamber of Commerce
- 2011 Creative New Event - Heels & Hose, Real Men Work Main Street - Oklahoma Main Street
- 2008 Centennial Celebrations - Centennial at Youngheim Plaza - Oklahoma Main Street
- 2006 Great American Main Street Award Winner - National Trust for Historic Preservation
- 2003 Outstanding Image Promotion - The Crazy Fall Trolley Tour - Oklahoma Main Street
- 2003 Outstanding Image Promotion - Spooktacular - Oklahoma Main Street
- 2002 Outstanding Marketing Campaign in a city under 50,000 - Frontier Country Marketing Association
- 1998 Best Economic Restructuring Story - Upper Story Tour - Oklahoma Main Street
- 1996 Best Fundraiser - Legacy Collection - Oklahoma Main Street
- 1993 Best Special Even Oklahoma Main Street
- 1993 Best Retail Event Oklahoma Main Street
- 1991 Best Building Facade Renovation Under $5,000 - Oklahoma Main Street
- 1991 Best Economic Restructuring Story - Oklahoma Main Street
- 1991 Most Creative Fundraising Event - Oklahoma Main Street
- 1990 Best Newsletter - Oklahoma Main Street
- 1990 Best Image Promotion - Oklahoma Main Street
El Reno Mobile Meals is an organization that prepares and delivers meals to those in need within the El Reno community. The executive director and a couple of the board members donate their lunch hour to deliver to some of the wonderful people in the community.
Our executive director Shana Ford saw a need to give back to our schools. With the help of the Beautiful Day Foundation, and the cooperation of the El Reno Public Schools, and the many volunteers, she was able to start the first chapter in the metro area. Soon after the first year many other towns surrounding El Reno created a chapter as well. El Reno Main Street was proud to support this wonderful cause and to celebrate the day you were born.